When you put an offer on a new home, there are MANY things that complicate the transaction and even FUDGE you out of your dream home!!!
Here are 10 ways you can avoid being your own nightmare:
1. DON'T make cash deposits or multiple transfers into your bank account - it makes it hard for your mortgage lender to find the source of your earnest money or down payment. Call your lender BEFORE making transfers from any account or depositing any cash.
2. DON'T have your credit pulled after you've gotten your pre-qualification. This means, DO NOT buy a new car, open a new credit account, or anything that will check your credit. Ask your lender if you have a question regarding such things first.
3. DON'T close any older accounts (credit cards) or open any new accounts - check with your lender first. (See number 2)
4. DON'T pay off any collections- (see number 3)
5. DON'T change your employment status - Call your lender Immediately and get a plan in place before you make your move.
6. DON'T dispute any items on your credit report- this should be done LONG before you place an offer on a new home.
7. DON'T Max out or overcharge on your credit card accounts.
8. DO continue to make all of your payments on time (including your current mortgage, or rent)
9. DO save all account statements/credit card payments in the 60 days before closing on your home.
10. DO communicate often and regularly throughout the home buying process with your lender and your realtor- There is no such thing as a stupid question. Asking the simple questions, the complicated questions and any questioning feels you have can be resolved easily with a simple conversation. Don't leave room for interpretation through emails or texts. Be sure to call.
Call David today to see what steps you can take to purchase your next home:
The LUXRE Group at Keller Williams Realty is comprised of some of the most productive Realtors in the entire valley. We treat every listing as a luxury listing giving you a true luxury, vip, no hassle buying or selling experience. There is no substitute for the absolute best customer service and we pride ourselves on our returning clients who continue to refer and use us for all of their ongoing real estate needs. Get the luxury experience, get LUXRE! Each Office Independently Owned & Operated
The interest rate you pay on your home mortgage has a direct impact on
""The investor did his best to try and screw me out of some serious money in the sale of my house, but my Viper of an agent Colleen Kukulski put the screws back to them... thanks to Colleen, I won't be on the losing end. It's great to have someone in my corner fighting for me. If you need a top notch no nonsense realtor who will fight for you, SHE is your girl!"Colleen Kukulski