When you put an offer on a new home, there are MANY things that complicate the transaction and even FUDGE you out of your dream home!!!
Here are 10 ways you can avoid being your own nightmare:
1. DON'T make cash deposits or multiple transfers into your bank account - it makes it hard for your mortgage lender to find the source of your earnest money or down payment. Call your lender BEFORE making transfers from any account or depositing any cash.
2. DON'T have your credit pulled after you've gotten your pre-qualification. This means, DO NOT buy a new car, open a new credit account, or anything that will check your credit. Ask your lender if you have a question regarding such things first.
3. DON'T close any older accounts (credit cards) or open any new accounts - check with your lender first. (See number 2)
4. DON'T pay off any collections- (see number 3)
5. DON'T change your employment status - Call your lender Immediately and get a plan in place before you make your move.
6. DON'T dispute any items on your credit report- this should be done LONG before you place an offer on a new home.
7. DON'T Max out or overcharge on your credit card accounts.
8. DO continue to make all of your payments on time (including your current mortgage, or rent)
9. DO save all account statements/credit card payments in the 60 days before closing on your home.
10. DO communicate often and regularly throughout the home buying process with your lender and your realtor- There is no such thing as a stupid question. Asking the simple questions, the complicated questions and any questioning feels you have can be resolved easily with a simple conversation. Don't leave room for interpretation through emails or texts. Be sure to call.
Call David today to see what steps you can take to purchase your next home:
The LUXRE Group at Keller Williams Realty is comprised of some of the most productive Realtors in the entire valley. We treat every listing as a luxury listing giving you a true luxury, vip, no hassle buying or selling experience. There is no substitute for the absolute best customer service and we pride ourselves on our returning clients who continue to refer and use us for all of their ongoing real estate needs. Get the luxury experience, get LUXRE! Each Office Independently Owned & Operated
CHOCOLATE LOVERS’ FESTIVAL ON THE VERDE CANYON RAILROADFebruary 14Th
"“ Mick Bowmar really took the time to listen to what I wanted to look for in my home buying experience. Very responsive to my questions, and he went out of his way to meet me at the home to go over requirements.” - David Garcia
“We had dealt with many other Realtors in the past, but Mick was the very best by far. He went above & beyond to satisfy our house hunting needs. We would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone requiring an agent.” –Cindy Dicarlo
“Mick took great initiative in helping me set up the many steps in finding my home. He was patient and diligent in showing me a number of homes in my price range. Mick was friendly and readily available to answer my questions and concerns. I honestly appreciate having Mick as my Realtor and would recommend his services to my friends.” –Mark Pease
“I loved working with Mick. Even though I was in a lower price range, he worked as hard as can be to get me into a house and a good house at that!”- Elizabeth Loubert
“Mick was excellent to work with. I wanted a quick sale, and with his guidance, we had 5 offers within 5 days. It took less than 5 weeks to close. Thanks Mick.”- Theresa Humecky
“Excellent. I felt no pressure from beginning to the end. As a Canadian buyer, I had no experience with the US real estate market and he explained everything as we went through the process. My brother and I viewed many homes and he took us through the ups and downs until he got us each into excellent homes. His personality helped to make it an enjoyable experience. I will definitely recommend him to all my friends and colleagues.” Dirk Scholten
“Mick was more than an agent; he was like part of our family. For 6+ months he carefully guided and assisted my husband and I in our cross country move. He NEVER gave up. Under pressure he delivered. I would suggest Mick to every one of my friends and family. He is amazing. I will miss working with him. He is a great asset to your company team.” Valerie Myer